15859 for sale......again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15859 for sale......again

Topic originally created by sam231 on January 22, 2014 11:59 PM and viewed 5008 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by sam231 on January 22, 2014 11:59 PM
    This car last traded hands at a California Auctions America sale in August 3, 2013 for $134,750. The car was red then. Now it is blue and being sold no reserve on March 8th at Amelia Island RM Auction. If the recent trend holds true it will be a $200K+ car and make a tidy profit for the seller. Guess C/4's have hit a new level...they are now in the "flipper" class!
    Cheers,
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by BLS on January 27, 2014 7:51 AM
      I did remember that one being sold cheaply so I'm not exactly surprised. The color was an interesting choice though -- when you said blue I was expecing the dark blue that everyone loves (I'm guilty as well).

Comment

Originally posted by sam231 on January 28, 2014 2:19 AM
        Sorry for not being more exact. The blue maybe Blue Celeste - the catalog description has yet to be posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Twistybits on January 28, 2014 10:50 AM
          At Cavallino last weekend, where the car was shown and judged, I was told by the owner that it was Blu Ribot.

Comment

Originally posted by sam231 on January 28, 2014 10:09 PM
            Thanks for the clarification. Do you know how the car judged?

Comment

Originally posted by gregb on January 29, 2014 12:19 AM
              It won a platinum, it was a very very well done car. Engine bay was immaculate and looked like new. Paint and interior excellent as well. I think a shop bought it at the auction and then did the work on it as I don't think it was shown by an individual owner. This follows what I saw as a big change at Cavallino with less owners there and many more "handlers" with the cars. During judging I also saw more than one owner struggling to turn lights on, turn signal's etc. I don't know what condition it was in when they bought it but lots of work went into it. There were 3 c/4's on the field including mine. The other one was a lighter blue.

Comment

Originally posted by sam231 on January 30, 2014 1:27 AM
                Sad so many cars are dealer owned, but not surprising with the rising trend in values. A top award adds $$ at sale time. I am sure this C/4 with it's Cavallino Platinum in tow is headed to $250-$300k territory come March 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by gregb on February 1, 2014 12:59 AM
                  The c/4 was the only one I knew of that was dealer owned. Many cars were owned by individuals but shown by the shop without the owner present which seems to be a growing trend.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLit on March 9, 2014 5:40 AM
                    A new high water mark. Sold for $335,500 yesterday at RM Amelia Island.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Levy on March 9, 2014 5:55 AM
                      Hi jeff
                      Does that number include the 10% buyers premium?
                      Regards
                      Ian L

Comment

Originally posted by BLS on March 9, 2014 9:26 AM
                        Originally posted by Ian Levy
                        Hi jeff
                        Does that number include the 10% buyers premium?
                        Regards
                        Ian L
                        It does

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Mihalic on March 9, 2014 11:22 AM
                          It was $305,000 at hammer, plus 10% buyer's premium.
                          Regards,
                          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Levy on March 9, 2014 1:51 PM
                            All
                            That is real good news although a Platinum Concours winner is an exceptional example.
                            My recent problem is convincing my insurers company of a realistic value of my car despite an independent expert valuation.
                            Best
                            Ian L

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron on March 9, 2014 3:08 PM
                              Ian,
                              Facing the same issue with Framers insurance here in the US - no real clue, just disbelief.
                              Time to start looking more seriously at Haggerty. I understad that they will replace it or cash
                              you out at what ever value you declare. I assumed that Haggerty (sp)? is international?
                              A

Comment

Working...
                              X