X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Levy on March 9, 2014 6:15 PM
    Hi Aaron
    Thanks for that information but I had not heard of Haggerty
    My car is insured via a UK Insance Broker & Chaucer Insurance.
    I have been on the Haggerty website & using their valuation tool for a concours car-the number they come up with is £107k.
    My car is insured via a UK Insurance Broker & Chaucer Insurance for £100k
    Regards
    Ian L

Comment

Originally posted by sam231 on March 9, 2014 10:50 PM
      Haggerty is possibly the largest collector car insurer in the US. They certainly adverise a lot, sponsoring many of classic events in the US. That said, I recently called in to bump up my insurance and the max they would do is $185K. Guess I drive mine too much - if it were a garage queen with only 200 miles/year maybe they would have offered more.

Comment

Originally posted by sam231 on March 9, 2014 10:56 PM
        BTW - C/4 15859 sold this weekend at Amelia Island RM auction for $335K (not sure if that includes auction fee). Haggerty hadd better raise their minimum!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Levy on March 10, 2014 12:36 AM
          Hi Aaron
          My car is more of a garage queen mainly due to our awful weather,
          I do less than 1000 miles anually
          Than said the values offered are about the same
          Ian L

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Levy on March 10, 2014 3:20 AM
            Hi Aaron / Sam
            Thanks for the heads up on Hagerty.
            I have just bumped up the insured sum to £175k on my say so & after looking at my website instead of photos.
            They also have a salvage retention clause in their policy in case of total loss.
            Premium is also fair.
            Thanks again
            ian L

Comment

Originally posted by BLS on March 10, 2014 3:37 AM
              Guys, you may want to try Chubb. http://www.chubbcollectorcar.com. Same or similar premium as Hagerty without the hassle of determining value (which I will not get into - they have some bizarre underwriting rules over there and it seems like they are too attached to their own value index). As long as it's reasonably justifiable they will change it to whatever you want. Just provide them a link to the last couple of sales (I don't even know if they need that). I've only done it once but I may have to do it again. Ben

Comment

Originally posted by rickkaufman on March 17, 2014 5:04 PM
                Aaron,
                Near you, in Vacaville, CA, is a Farmers broker who, through Zurich I think (Zurich owns Farmers) will give you a no hastle stated value policy on a C/4 at really any value you determine within fair reason. Derek Yoder 707 448 4242. They well understand the values of the C/4, Daytona (Spyder), and Dino which have recently, shall we say- gone sky high. There is a 2,500 mile per year limit. I just raised the stated value limit on one of my cars to a "oh my god- really?" price without so much as a question. LIke Chubb, the Farmers' point of view is: you pay the premium based upon a stated value. Period. After all, it's just a bet...

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Levy on March 17, 2014 6:04 PM
                  Rick
                  You obviously have never come across what I call "English Disease" which is a business philsophy based on
                  the premise that the customer is always wrong or worst-dishonest!
                  Last January when I tried to revalue my car I was asked to provide a valuation form a reputable expert.
                  I did this at some cost with a value of £125k & yes the Insurance said they would increase the agreed value to £95k!
                  They would not budge from this number.
                  This year with Hagerty there was no problem arriving at a mutually agreed number subject to seeing some pics &
                  confirming the mileage.
                  Thanks to our site & this topic I feel I have my car properly insured.
                  Regards
                  Ian L

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron on March 19, 2014 5:30 AM
                    Rick,
                    Thanks for the information. Vacaville is just down hwy 80 from - well 50 miles. (My wife and daughter like the outlet stores there)
                    The name Derek Yoder is familiar to me some how, I just have not been able to place it.
                    I was successful with Farmers at upping the price north of $300K, so I'm feeling better for the
                    time being. Also seriously thinking about selling the old girl. It has been great, but
                    my garage spece is limited and I tend to be more a user than a collector.

A

Comment

Working...
                    X