Fuel gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gauge

Topic originally created by JBishop on July 31, 2005 10:00 AM and viewed 2421 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by JBishop on July 31, 2005 10:00 AM
    Dear All My fuel gauge reads 1/2 when the tank is full. Where is the fuel tank sender unit located ie the devise that detects the fuel level? I had a look under the car and where the spare tyre is located but could not see anything. I need to have a look at the sender unit to see if it is the problem or the problem might be in the gauge itself. Has anyone had problems like this and what was the fix? Thanks John Bishop

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Meehan on August 1, 2005 2:36 AM
      John I have not taken mine apart but it looks as if it is located in the trunk on the right side tank under the carpeted panel . If it is like others I have worked on you should just be able to take off a few screws and lift it out. BTW mine is a Euro car if that makes a difference. Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by JBishop on August 1, 2005 12:53 PM
        Mike Ian Levy sent me a photo showing the sensor wires on the top of the RHS tank. So I will pull up the carpet this weekend and have a look see. I figured it was on the right because when the car was leaning to the left the gauge went down. So it is sort of working, it is just not calibrated so that when the tank is "full" the gauge reads "1/2". John

Comment

Working...
        X