Steering wheel adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel adjustment

Topic originally created by Bryan on August 14, 2005 11:44 AM and viewed 1981 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by Bryan on August 14, 2005 11:44 AM
    I recall that you can adjust the tilt on the steering wheel; although not easily. However, I can't find any reference to this in the manuals that I have. Is my memory failing or is this actually possible and, if so, how?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Bayer on August 17, 2005 10:23 PM
      Brian: Been there, done that. It is possible (frankly easy) to adjust the wheel rake, there are two clamp bolts that fix the wheel position clearly visible when you remove the mouse hair covered trim piece that includes the ignition key surround just under the steering wheel. Here is the rub - that trim piece will only fit over the switch with the wheel in the factory position as the wheel and ignition switch will move as a unit (at least in the US cars). I suppose you could fabricate another faring (it is aluminum) with the ignition cutout in the new position, cover it with mouse hair and none would be the wiser. The good news is you can try out the different wheel positions and decide if your preferred position is worth the effort necessary to fabricate the new faring. Michael Bayer GTC/4 1494

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron on August 18, 2005 3:47 AM
        I also have adjusted the wheel position using the two clamps. I wanted to be able to see the upper left quadrent of the speedo. ( I suppose Ferrari never figured the car would be driven that slowly so they did not concern themselves with little matters of the wheel being in the way) - and yes there is a limit of how far you can go and still have the cover fit proporly. The cover on my car is FiberGlass as are the other two Alcantera covered covers that fit under the instrument pannel. Aaron

Comment

Working...
        X