Clutch cable slipping ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch cable slipping ?

Topic originally created by dromer on August 16, 2005 8:05 AM and viewed 2115 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by dromer on August 16, 2005 8:05 AM
    I keep having my clutch go out of adjustment. I dont know if the cable is streaching or slipping in the mounting hardware. I am having a new one installed this evening ( cable and housing) I had this adjusted about 1 year (aprox 700 miles) ago. Then once 3 years ago. I anybody experiencing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan on August 16, 2005 10:53 AM
      What are the symptoms that you experience?

Comment

Originally posted by dromer on August 24, 2005 4:33 AM
        My symptioms are the following: When the car is "cold" the clutch disengages just fine. It is easy to get into 1st gear. After 10 to 20 minutes of stop and go driving it becomes progressively more difficult to get into 1st gear and second gear at a stop grinds even after double clutching. Once moving the transmission shifts as if nothing is wrong. I have installed a new clutch cable thinking that it could be streaching and we have set new cable up correctly. No improvement. My guess is that something is failing in the pressure plate assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by dbone on August 26, 2005 3:14 PM
          My clutch acts the same way. When the car hot (warmed up) i'll experiance the very same condition, but I have found that it may be because I'm not depressing the clutch peddle all the way down. The problem is only when I come to a stop, and try to engage first rather quickly. Once I'm in first the other shifts are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan on August 28, 2005 6:51 AM
            Is the freeplay correct? You should be able to depress the clutch about one inch with little resistance. Not the only cause, but very easy to check and not too difficult to adjust.

Comment

Working...
            X