Fog lights/Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog lights/Radio

Topic originally created by JBishop on August 24, 2005 5:22 PM and viewed 2048 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by JBishop on August 24, 2005 5:22 PM
    I can not get the lights marked D on page 76 in the owners manual to switch on.I assume they are the fog lights and the switch is the central one between the 2 power widow switches. In any case when I operate that switch, nothing happens. So how do I get the "D" lights to come on and what is that central switch for? Also my radio does not make any sound at all, not even static. The fuse box does not indicate a fuse for the radio. I have checked them all and they seem OK, but does anyone know which fuse carries the radio? Any suggestions for fault finding a non-functioning radio? The power aerial goes up and down no problem. It is activated up and down by the switch on the upper left side of the central aluminium console. Thanks John B.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan on August 25, 2005 11:05 AM
      John: that's the switch that turns my foglights on. Note that my foglights do not come on unless the headlights are on...which seems illogical, but that's the way mine works. Suggestions. Take a volt-ohm meter and see if you are getting current to the back of the lights. The C4 electrical diagrams shows that radio has its own fuse. I think it is right behind the radio. Item 82 on the electrical diagram list. That fuse then goes through fuse 20 on the fuse block. I assume this is fuse V on the diagram on page 78.

Comment

Originally posted by JBishop on August 25, 2005 11:32 AM
        Thanks Bryan I did not think to have the head lights on when I tried the fog lights. I will give that a go first. Having headlights on with fog lights on does not make too much sense (it makes things much worse), especially as Maranello can have very thick fog in the winter. So they should know how to deal with it. I used to have business just north of Modena and I recall driving there in pea-soup thick fog on many occassions in the winter. I will also check out the fuse behind the radio. The V fuse (fuse 20) is OK. I assume I can get to it via the small instrument cluster. Thanks again. John

Comment

Originally posted by dbone on August 26, 2005 3:01 PM
          John, some with my car, the headlight must be on for the fog lights to work dave

Comment

Originally posted by JBishop on August 26, 2005 9:50 PM
            Thanks Bryan and Dave 1. My fog lights come on only when the main lights are in the "up position". They do not have to be actually on, just the retractable mechanism has to be in the UP position. Anyway I now know how they work. So you can have the fog loghts on when the main ligts are off, you just have to have the pop up light mechanism in the UP position. 2 Bryan. Thanks for the radio fuse tip. Yep it was the fuse behind the radio. Replaced it and it now works well. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan on August 28, 2005 6:41 AM
              I just realized the same. The headlight stalk has a number of options. Twist to move headlights up or down. Move entire stalk to one of three positions Headlights off Low beams on High beams on The foglights are independent of the three positions, but the headlights must be up for the foglights to work. I also discovered that when the headlights are up, there is a a small red-orange light INSIDE the left side of the ashtray / lighter on the console. I wonder how many concours judges look for this?!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLit on August 29, 2005 11:09 AM
                If my experience is any indication, no judges look for lights like the one in the ashtray. In fact, the other morning I was with the Romers and we both had our C4s there. Someone asked about the push-switch under hood near the battery and asked where the light was. I had fogotten about it but soon located it (way under the cowl near the distributors). Turns out theirs worked but mine didn't -- and my car had been judged for Coppa Bella. Also, this light only goes on when the headlights are up.

Comment

Working...
                X