Wood steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood steering wheel

Topic originally created by Mike Meehan on September 15, 2005 11:21 PM and viewed 1988 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by Mike Meehan on September 15, 2005 11:21 PM
    Phil, would love to see a picture of the inside of your car with the wood wheel. I have always liked them as well. Anyone else intersted?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron on September 16, 2005 3:09 AM
      Yes - I'm interested - Have always perfered a wood Nardi wheel. I put one on the wifes Jag and on my 633. I have never seen a C4 with a wood wheel, also the standard Nardi hole patern is different than the (I think it's Momo) one on the ferrari wheel - "swapping them requies work". Also - for resale - I would think we would want to go back to the leather wheel for originality (greater $$$) Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by dbone on September 17, 2005 3:25 AM
        Post the pic's- I would like to see what it does to the interior look. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan on September 19, 2005 12:09 PM
          Ebay item 8000240605 appears to have correct mounting holes. Also, 8000483390 from same seller

Comment

Originally posted by pauldridge on September 23, 2005 12:11 PM
            Okay, I have added an in-your-face photo of the Nardi wheel in the gallery section under my car s/n 15355 (by the way, I've noticed the photo previewer just keeps displaying distorted versions of some of the photos until it finally gets the whole batch loaded... anyone else seen this?) For those interested, yes, I've faithfully kept my original, now on the wall over my home office, but I have to say the feel of that thin Nardi wood wheel in the hands is well worth the admission price. I bought mine, new, from nardiusa.com for $557, which included the specially produced hub with the Ferrari emblem. Then, you DO have to purchase the special adapter for the Nardi hub, I think it may be a MOMO part. Mine came from sportscar-parts.com, ($65) and they new just what I needed. The entire assembly looks like it was made to be on this car. I've since heard rumours that Nardi has gone belly-up, so don't know if these babies are still available or not, but you can bet if I ever sell my car (no immediate plans), that Nardi stays with me and the new owner gets the 'correct' leather wheel. link to photo here: http://www.auldridge.org/nardi.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Meehan on September 28, 2005 1:41 AM
              Thanks for the pictures Paul. Was installation at all difficult,ie removal , horn hook up etc. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by pauldridge on October 6, 2005 4:51 PM
                The installation is strictly bolt-on, as long as you get the Momo hub as described in my previous msg... looks absolutely "stock" and sure wants to be in that car! It is true the hole layout in the Nardi places the steering wheel at about a 2:00 position, rather than straight up. That is why you need the Momo installation hub, which makes everything right. Horn hookup is included, works as stock. By the way, I bid on two very slightly used Nardi wheels, just almost identical in diameter to the stock C4. Didn't realize I had bid on two, and, my dumb luck, wound up with both of them. They are really in beautiful, near-new condition. I had in mind installing one on my '65 Corvette stingray, but unfortunately the diameter of bolt pattern is too small. I'd sure be happy to pass one of them along to any club member at my cost, $180, which included shipping. contact me privately at: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Bayer on October 7, 2005 9:18 PM
                  Paul: I have sent you a PM on this, M

Comment

Working...
                  X