Rear suspension oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Levy on June 12, 2006 2:57 AM
    Hello John What a comprehensive report I can only congratulate you on your work Pleas mail me the document although I suspect that if mine fail I will be sending a heavy parcel to Oz Regards Ian L

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLit on June 12, 2006 4:45 AM
      I have posted the Koni manual on the rear shocks to the site. I also added a new Technical Reference section to the bottom of the home page that links to some other materials discussed here in the past or available in the Photo Gallery, including a page on manuals . I have a page on tools in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by JBishop on June 27, 2006 6:24 PM
        Just an update. The car has done about 400 kms and the ride height is still the correct 25 1/2 inches at the rear wheel arch. About 300 kms were done on windy country roads with less than average surface condition ie a bit rough, and the ride was good. I bottomed out once when I hit a bigger than usual bump. At the time I had about 500 to 550 lbs of people on board ie 2 adults in the front seats and 2 kids in the back. From that I might suggest the 385 psi I used may not be too much as I previously mentioned and in fact may be right or a fraction low if anything. John

Comment

Originally posted by JBishop on November 15, 2006 2:11 PM
          Guys Just an up-date on the rear levelers. I have now done quite a few miles and the rear levelers are still operational. I am pretty sure the reason why people have had major issues with repairing these beasts is the condition of the main shaft. If it is in any way scratched or pitted the new seals will not work. So in final summary: 1. I have found a place that can supply custom main seals, dust seals and bump stops for both units for around US$100 total. 2. The O Rings etc will set you back about $20 total. There are about 7 in each unit with 2 being well hidden. 3. I can get the shafts completely re-hard-chromed for either US$200 for the pair if they are in reasonable shape or US$500 for the pair if they are really ...ed. 4. I can get the local Koni guys to gas them up to 400psi and test them for US$20. The only proviso on the above is the main internal rubber bladder must be in good shape. If it is kaput, then I think the unit is a throw away. It would be difficult, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE, to find some way of replacing such a custom part. However I might find it a challenge and try to get around even that obstacle!! I hope the above is my final word on these things. Cheers John

Comment

Working...
          X