Trunk support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trunk support

Topic originally created by Mike Meehan on April 24, 2006 3:39 AM and viewed 1706 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by Mike Meehan on April 24, 2006 3:39 AM
    The trunk lid does not always stay fully up. I have moved the spring rods to a position that helped a bit and even placed some rubber tubing around them to take up space and provide more tension but still not perfect. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Bayer on April 24, 2006 5:50 AM
      Mike: Have you the three slots on each side to put the end of the torsion bars that hold it up? Mine are in the foremeost ones on each side and it flys up once the release is pulled, I can not imagine how much spring there would be in the rear most settings. Any chance your lid is overly heavy or the hinge assembly is binding? Michael Bayer

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Meehan on April 24, 2006 6:37 AM
        Mike, mine are in the most foward positions as well . I will check for binding again , The lid does not seem overly heavy but who knows perhaps I have an extra coat of that factory applied leveling compound we all hear about at repaint time. Thanks ,Mike M

Comment

Originally posted by JBishop on April 24, 2006 12:33 PM
          Mike Mine is the same. I have the rods on the highest tension settings on both sides and the lid JUST stays up. If the lid is disturbed in any way it drops down. I just live with it. To fix it I think I would have to replace the torsion rods or someohow move the slots that hold it. John

Comment

Working...
          X