Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Fred on January 25, 2010 6:47 AM
    Was the $1,200 for 2 shocks or 1? I e-mailed T-Rutlands asking about this and they did not get back to me.
    If I could just buy the shocks I can make everything else. The coil springs are cheap.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by JeffLit on January 25, 2010 3:35 AM
    The only thing you are missing is that it is a Ferrari part so they can get that much for it.
    There's nothing terribly complicated about the setup but keep in mind that the two rear shocks (per side) are in single shear so should be valved similarly or they twist the rear control arm. I have the Rutlands setup on my car, and yes I paid the $1,200, even though I have 5 way Penskes on my Lola, etc. A Koni engineer supposedly visited Ted's shop and used his C4 as the test mule to engineer this setup. All they do is weld a threaded sleeve to what is probably an off the shelf Koni shock. The sleeve allows ride height adustment, just like any racing coilover. Ships with a Hypercoil spring. Nothing fancy. Of course, you need a shock with the proper bushings/ends.
    There are a bunch on numbers on the shocks. Seems to be 4003 82 1825SP2 105059.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Fred on January 24, 2010 11:48 PM
    I have the Monroe air shocks on my car and one is no longer working causing the car to sag. I see that T Rutlands has the coilover replacement shocks for $1,234. Not sure if this is per side or for 2.
    It seems rather steep for a Koni shock and spring. This is more money than I pay for my JRZ remote reservoir racing shocks. What am I missing on this?
    Does anyone have the replacement shock part number and the spring length, spring rate and diameter? I have so many racing springs i was wondering if i could make up my own set of rear shocks?
    I have not removed the Monroe yet so I do not know what it entails to make up a replacement shock and spring set-up. Am I crazy to try this or should I just pay for the replacement Koni set-up?
    Fred

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Load Levelers Replacement

Load Levelers Replacement

Topic originally created by Fred on January 24, 2010 11:48 PM and viewed 5263 times in the old forum.
Working...
X