Indianapolis 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indianapolis 500

Topic originally created by carguybob on December 5, 2010 5:41 AM and viewed 1604 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by carguybob on December 5, 2010 5:41 AM
    I will be attending the Indianapolis 500 for the first time next year. Any suggestions as to where to sit? Only input I have received thus far has been for turns 2 or 4, half way up. Also would appreciate suggestions for what to do the day before the race, especially automotive related activities. I will be staying downtown. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JBishop on December 5, 2010 6:23 AM
      Bob
      Make sure you are on the outside of the track, not inside. On the inside your view is so restricted that the cars are visible for only a second. On the outside of the turns you can see right up the straight and around the corner.
      Have fun.
      John

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Meehan on December 6, 2010 4:29 AM
        Hi Bob, I have been to Indy many times.What John says is correct about the outside. The only area on the inside to sit ,in my opinion ,is along the pits on the main straight ,lots of action. Look to sit in the area called the Paddock. Its across from the pits on the main straight. Go to the track the day prior to the race; the museum is great and you can also take a bus ride around the track,sound silly but gives an interesting view of being right there. A couple of hours away is the Cord Duesenberg Museum,a must for fans of those cars. Have fun, Mike

Comment

Working...
        X