point settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• point settings

Topic originally created by TerryL on December 30, 2010 8:09 AM and viewed 1925 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by TerryL on December 30, 2010 8:09 AM
    I find it interesting that Ferrari only gives guage clearances for setting the points and no dwell numbers. I have to assume that it is standard dwell settings of 35 - 39 degrees for a 6 cylinder(this is assuming a a us version with two separate distributors. As a matter of fact, i cannot find a parts layout for the us version distributors. Does anyone have this info?
    Cheers, Terry

Comment

Originally posted by rickkaufman on December 30, 2010 8:22 AM
      Page 52 shows the US version. See below. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryL on January 4, 2011 3:50 AM
        Hi Rick,
        Thanks for the breakout. Was this is in your parts book? My parts book, the original one from the car, does not have this breakout. I also looked in the owners manual and the service book and could not find this breakout. I would still like to find some literature that discusses setting up the points using dwell rather than feeler gauges.
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by rickkaufman on January 9, 2011 1:21 PM
          Terry,
          Perhaps if your book is a Euro book/ had one distributor, and did not show this page? But the US book does show this diagram on Page 52. I suspect that the green service book (the one with the white letters/lines) that covers the C/4, Queen Mother, Daytona, and Dino lays that all out. Do you have that book? If you don't have that I can look in one of mine next week. -Rick

Comment

Working...
          X