Tire sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire sizes

Topic originally created by JeffLit on March 7, 2012 6:21 AM and viewed 1665 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by JeffLit on March 7, 2012 6:21 AM
    I recently received a request for information from a gentleman at Longstone Tires, a dealer of classic car tires such as our beloved XWXs. He asked the following, to which I am unsure of the answer. Any insight from early car owners?
    I think that predominantly the 365GTC 4 fitted 215/70VR15 Michelin XWX. However I do think that the first few cars fitted the Pirelli 205VR15 Cinturato HS CN72 as Ferrari fitted to nearly all their cars on 15” wheels between 1964 and 1972/3. I have a variety of fitment guides that give me different recommendation. My Dunlop fitment guide fudges the detail even more by stating that from 1971 – 1973 they fitted 205/70VR15. Michelin clearly state That they should fit 215/70VR15 XWX in all their literature but that doesn’t mean that they were not Pirelli when they first came out
    One of the things we are presently doing is making films such as this one about the 365 GT 2+2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMEJH...d8bgt_xnR0GBON
    I would like to make one about the 365 GTC 4 as well. But before I do I would like to get my facts right. So if you could help me clarify what fitted what.

Comment

Originally posted by JBishop on March 7, 2012 6:38 AM
      My car is one of the last 25 built. It has the Michelin XWX 215/70VR 15 tyres on the Cromodoras.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Levy on March 7, 2012 8:19 AM
        Hi Jeff
        My car is July 1972 & has the same tyres as John's car.
        My owners handbook states tyres as Michelin 215 x 70 x 15 X Radial Ply Tubeless
        what do the owners handooks of the early cars say?
        I assume these were the original Michelin X tyre before XWX etc. came along
        Regards
        Ian L

Comment

Just FYI -- I took advantage of Longstone's recent offer of mis-marked Pirelli's--215/70VR15 Cinturato CN12--that was posted on FerrariChat. Price was $123 each, free delivery. Here's the link: 215/70VR15 PIRELLI CN12 (Vintage Car use only) | Longstone Tyres

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X