Sunvisor Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunvisor Problem

Topic originally created by Chuck Wray on February 27, 2014 10:02 PM and viewed 1799 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by Chuck Wray on February 27, 2014 10:02 PM
    Does anyone know of a source for replacement sunvisor retaining clips (plastic) as well as the visor. I attempted to reposition the passenger side sunvisor in my car and both the clip and the white plastic "loop" portion of the visor disintegrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanny1 on February 28, 2014 12:53 AM
      Clips- Try GT car parts in Arizona. I haven't seen these available for years. Chuck King (Ferrari Doctor) might have a used set laying around. If all else fails, you may have to make the clips from Teflon or plastic. They won't be original, but they will work. If your visors keep dropping down, just tighten the one screw located where the arm goes into the mount. Be gentle and don't tighten too much. This will help keep the visors up and out of the way. As far as replacement visors - I haven't ever seen these for sale. I literally took mine apart, re-stuffed them with foam and put them back together. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Meehan on February 28, 2014 4:33 AM
        Hi Chuck, I have made some small parts by casting them in cold cure acrylic. I made the heater control knobs for my C4 and they came out perfect. Very easy to do.Casting kits are available online.The biggest obstacle might be a color match.The black knobs posed no problem. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Levy on February 28, 2014 4:13 PM
          Hey Chuck
          John Bishop in Oz had some rear seat back clips made in a correct colour plastic.
          May be he could help.
          Regards
          Ian L

Comment

Originally posted by shross on March 11, 2014 9:40 AM
            I thought Verril - Unobtabium Parts Supply- made some. Check on F Chat in the 206/246 section

Comment

Originally posted by dkblueUK on March 23, 2014 12:01 AM
              Chuck, O'Rourke Coachtrimmers in the UK are now advertising as sourcing obsolete interior parts, such as sunvisors. Must be worth giving them a try, they are very good people. Their website is www.coachtrimmers.com , or e-mail enquiries@coachtrimmers.com . Neil.

Comment

Working...
              X