Source for Ansa center mufflers for US cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Ansa center mufflers for US cars

Topic originally created by JeffLit on June 20, 2016 7:11 AM and viewed 840 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by JeffLit on June 20, 2016 7:11 AM
    I am in need of new center mufflers for my USA car. These are not the FE1325 Euro items show on http://www.ansaautomotive.com/make/ferrari/ On the US cars they are one big muffler with just two inlets and two outlets, all 3-hole flanged. No little side pipes. Does anyone know of a source? Failing sourcing the original items, I'm told that perhaps US Daytona units can be modified but I am unsure of the exact mods required. Anyone have insight into that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Meehan on June 20, 2016 11:36 PM
      Hi Jeff.T Rutlands often has ANSA stuff for the C4.Also I know that Gary Bobelief remakes copies of this stuff in SS.Hope this helps.Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Mihalic on June 21, 2016 1:27 AM
        I bought a complete ANSA system (Euro-style) last year from GT Car Parts at what I felt was a pretty good price. Don't know if they carry systems for U.S.-spec C/4's. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLit on June 22, 2016 12:10 AM
          Yes, those are the two usual suspects (T. Rutlands and GT Car Parts) I had already called. GT is the one that suggested I might have to modify a Daytona unit. An Ansa rep is supposed to contact me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandinell on June 25, 2016 3:31 PM
            http://www.classiche09.com They works with the original old ANSA form Roberto

Comment

Originally posted by sam231 on June 28, 2016 5:39 AM
              Jeff, Another suggestion is to check with www.timevalve.com. They rebuilt sections of my muffler with stainless steel at a price far cheaper than a new one. Cheers, Sam

Comment

Originally posted by dbone on June 28, 2016 12:29 PM
                Jeff, I had Gary Bobelief rebuild one of my rear lt section at the pipe bend as it goes into the box.Very happy with it. I'm going to send the other rear section to him to reskin and repair /rebuild the box soon. Daveb

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLit on June 30, 2016 2:01 PM
                  Thanks for tip, Gandinell. Classiche Exhaust is the USA reseller for Classiche09. I am told that they use equipment made in Italy with the original ANSA tooling and correct materials. It is also the only brand accepted by Ferrari for their Classiche Certification program. The part number for the USA center sections is FR1245. The part is not in stock but can be custom ordered with a 4 week lead time at a price of € 1.800,00, plus shipping and duties. http://www.classiche09.com/scheda.php?idcategoria=8 Mine are on order. I've added a post to the suppliers section.

Comment

Originally posted by dbone on September 28, 2016 1:11 PM
                    Jeff Did you get your new mid sections from classic exhaust yet? Did they fit?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLit on October 8, 2016 4:52 AM
                      I did. See this post. Do you need a pair?

Comment

Originally posted by dbone on October 12, 2016 12:40 PM
                        Jeff, I'll reply and add to your other post.

Comment

Just to add (maybe again) Gary Bobelief redid my center sections and did an amazing job. I would do that before trying to modify euro center sections to fit a USA spec car.

Comment

Working...
                          X