Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Euro-spec C/4's have hi beam "flash" function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Euro-spec C/4's have hi beam "flash" function?

When headlights are on in the low beam setting and you pull back on the stalk, do the hi beams flash?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill, I am pretty sure that my car,Euro spec , does. If I can get through the snow around my garage I will check. Mike

Comment

Thanks, Mike. I need to find out so I can give directions to the guy doing the re-build. (You have my sympathy on your many snow storms.)

Regards,

Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,out of town for a couple of days but will find out early next week if that still helps. Mike

Comment

Yes, Mike, whenever you're able to get to it. I haven't received responses from any other Euro-spec C/4 owners.

Bill

Comment

Hi Bill, finally got to the car! I get no flash when I pull back on the stalk.My car is a Euro spec car.Point of interest,one side of my turn signals do not self cancel so this might indicate a problem with the switch as a whole.The service manual states that for any malfunction the entire switch should be replaced.I may have more going on that just the self cancel issue.Having said that I must admit to probably only having driven the car at night one time so at my advancing age you cant rely on me remembering if I "flashed" a dozen years ago.An interesting note on page 215 of my Repair instructions book it states, Note a) For cars with Italian ,Austrian,English,Irish,South African and Australian specs, lights 1 serves as a fog light and cable 114 is connected to switch 115 Note b) For cars with Swiss,German,French(with yellow reflectors) and Benelux countries ,lights 1 serves as day flash lights.To complete this connection,attach cable 114 to cable 113 and reverse the fuse box connection of cables CU2,5L and CU2,5G. I hope this helps but now I am confused.I think I will just continue to drive in daylight and use the wonderful horns to get slow pokes to move over. Best regards, Mike

Comment

Mike, Thanks much for the "flash" report. Based on a lot of study of the wiring diagrams, I concluded that your experience is correct--the car should not flash high beams if the stalk is in the center (low beam) position and pulled back. However, if the stalk is in the top position, with the pods open, it should flash the low beams. In fact, I just finished my analysis and will be posting on this forum in just a few minutes.

I just got my reworked switchgear unit back from Jim Simpson at O.D.D. Parts in California. I had sent it there for exactly the same problem that you have--the turn signals did not self-cancel. He fixed the problem and upgraded some of the components for future durability. And, he also took the unit back and re-checked it when I had questions about that elusive "flash" function. It was fairly spendy, but I was pleased with his service and his willingness to exchange numerous e-mails and phone calls about the issues. Website is oddparts.net and Jim can be reached at [email protected]. (In request for recommendations, someone on this forum recommended unobtainiumsupply.com, but I went with ODD because it looked like they were more specialized in turn signal switches.)

Bill

Comment

Working...
              X