Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air cleaners finish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Air cleaners finish?

    I recently had my 71 (14419) judged at FCA National watkins Glen.

    I was told the shiny black finish on the air cleaner covers was incorrect...should be flat black wrinkle finish.

    a C4 owner observing said Euro delivery cars came with the shiny black finish. Mine was a European delivery (first owner was Sergio Pininfarina!)

    anyone know?

    also, I'm looking for the jack tool roll with everything or with everything minus the jack and ratchet handle.

    thank you

    dan

  • #2
    Originally posted by danheit View Post
    I recently had my 71 (14419) judged at FCA National watkins Glen.

    I was told the shiny black finish on the air cleaner covers was incorrect...should be flat black wrinkle finish.

    a C4 owner observing said Euro delivery cars came with the shiny black finish. Mine was a European delivery (first owner was Sergio Pininfarina!)

    anyone know?

    also, I'm looking for the jack tool roll with everything or with everything minus the jack and ratchet handle.

    thank you

    dan
    Hi Dan,

    I have an Euro delivery car and it has the black wrinkle finish.

    best

    Herbert

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Dan ,I have seen cars with both.I Have a Euro car and they appear to be original and are smooth and mild gloss.If you look at the reference heading above it shows a Euro engine with a smooth finish and a US car with wrinkle. Mike

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mike Meehan View Post
        Hi Dan ,I have seen cars with both.I Have a Euro car and they appear to be original and are smooth and mild gloss.If you look at the reference heading above it shows a Euro engine with a smooth finish and a US car with wrinkle. Mike
        Hi Mike, interesting. Probably they used what they just had right away at the factory as it was at the time being :-). Herbert

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by herb View Post

          Hi Mike, interesting. Probably they used what they just had right away at the factory as it was at the time being :-). Herbert
          Hi Herb,I would be very surprised if that were not the case. If it were Porsche there would be a record with the painter's name and how many passes were made with the spray gun. Mike

          Comment


          • #6
            Herb & Mike,

            Thank you!

            Mine is a very early car, #8 built. Good chance it differs in some respects. I’m going to try to do some more research... but am leaning towards painting them in a wrinkle finish. Planning to have it judged at Cavallino.

            Forza!

            Dan

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by danheit View Post
              Herb & Mike,

              Thank you!

              Mine is a very early car, #8 built. Good chance it differs in some respects. I’m going to try to do some more research... but am leaning towards painting them in a wrinkle finish. Planning to have it judged at Cavallino.

              Forza!

              Dan
              Hi Dan, good luck then at Cavallino! Herbert

              Comment


              • #8
                My RHD car has satin, flat black air cleaners, however, if the judges think they should be wrinkle finish you have little choice !
                Neil.

                Comment

                Working...
                X