Air cleaners finish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air cleaners finish?

I recently had my 71 (14419) judged at FCA National watkins Glen.

I was told the shiny black finish on the air cleaner covers was incorrect...should be flat black wrinkle finish.

a C4 owner observing said Euro delivery cars came with the shiny black finish. Mine was a European delivery (first owner was Sergio Pininfarina!)

anyone know?

also, I'm looking for the jack tool roll with everything or with everything minus the jack and ratchet handle.

thank you

dan

Originally posted by danheit View Post
    I recently had my 71 (14419) judged at FCA National watkins Glen.

I was told the shiny black finish on the air cleaner covers was incorrect...should be flat black wrinkle finish.

a C4 owner observing said Euro delivery cars came with the shiny black finish. Mine was a European delivery (first owner was Sergio Pininfarina!)

anyone know?

also, I'm looking for the jack tool roll with everything or with everything minus the jack and ratchet handle.

thank you

dan
    Hi Dan,

I have an Euro delivery car and it has the black wrinkle finish.

best

Herbert

Comment

Hi Dan ,I have seen cars with both.I Have a Euro car and they appear to be original and are smooth and mild gloss.If you look at the reference heading above it shows a Euro engine with a smooth finish and a US car with wrinkle. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Meehan View Post
        Hi Dan ,I have seen cars with both.I Have a Euro car and they appear to be original and are smooth and mild gloss.If you look at the reference heading above it shows a Euro engine with a smooth finish and a US car with wrinkle. Mike
        Hi Mike, interesting. Probably they used what they just had right away at the factory as it was at the time being :-). Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by herb View Post

Hi Mike, interesting. Probably they used what they just had right away at the factory as it was at the time being :-). Herbert
          Hi Herb,I would be very surprised if that were not the case. If it were Porsche there would be a record with the painter's name and how many passes were made with the spray gun. Mike

Comment

Herb & Mike,

Thank you!

Mine is a very early car, #8 built. Good chance it differs in some respects. I’m going to try to do some more research... but am leaning towards painting them in a wrinkle finish. Planning to have it judged at Cavallino.

Forza!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by danheit View Post
              Herb & Mike,

Thank you!

Mine is a very early car, #8 built. Good chance it differs in some respects. I’m going to try to do some more research... but am leaning towards painting them in a wrinkle finish. Planning to have it judged at Cavallino.

Forza!

Dan
              Hi Dan, good luck then at Cavallino! Herbert

Comment

My RHD car has satin, flat black air cleaners, however, if the judges think they should be wrinkle finish you have little choice !
                Neil.

Comment

Working...
                X