Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrors

I find.the stock righthand mirror on my car absolutely useless. I have never been able to get it where I want. Has anybody replaced them with a different style. I was thinking of the bullet Talbot mirror.

Thanks Joe

I've never had a right side mirror. Not usually one on or cars.

Comment

Cannot tell from the picture but guess you might own one of the 31 right-hand drive cars made in which case it is factory stock. I have not seen any C/4's with different styles or placements but suppose you could try a vintage Talbot mirror. They are pretty small too and the mirror itself does not move all that much so it might be a case of having to change the mounting location on your car. I can attest to the uselessness of the mirror, especially on a multi-lane highway in traffic - my head feels like it is on a spindle trying to keep up with all the cars around.

Comment

Thank you both for your reply. It seems that there is no answer out there which leaves me having to find one. When and if I do I will report back.

Joe

Comment

I had the small Talbot on a mid-year vette for many years. It looked great, but the field of vision was terrible. I finally went back to the original mirror. The previous owner put large black 308 mirrors on the C/4 that worked OK but looked way out of place. I couldn’t wait to replace them with the single stock driver’s mirror and use my neck and rearview mirror. I recently saw a 4 headlight 250 GT 2+2 with dual Talbots on the fenders. Not sure how well they worked.but they look good.
          Last edited by Tom Welsh; 07-23-2019, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Tom

Thank you, that was very helpful .

Comment

Working...
            X