1972 365 GTC4- 3633 mile original time capsule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 365 GTC4- 3633 mile original time capsule

Recently bought serial #15317, 3633 original miles on it, time capsule, very original car. Recent first showing at Concours in the Hills in Fountain Hills, AZ last week, over 1000 cars on exhibit of all makes, Ferrari club in AZ gave it a trophy for the best pre 73 Ferrari.
    Feel lucky to have found and bought it after chasing it for months.
    Car sat for many years, had a bit over 2600 miles in 1980. Engine froze up from sitting, so complete overhaul by George Evans of engine and most systems before I bought it, suspension bushings, brakes, shocks, hoses, trans and rear resealed, tires, electronic ignition, etc.
    Interior like new, original paint, tool kit never touched. Even has the lead tax seal/cord on the steering column.
    Now in Carefree, AZ.
    John

Congratulations - looks really good.
    Please keep posting on the GTC/4 website - although there has not been much activity recently it is a very useful source of knowledge on GTC/4's, and needs to be kept going.
    Hope you enjoy the drive !
    Neil.

Comment

Very nice to see another C/4 emerge into daylight! Enjoy!

Comment

• johnak
        johnak commented
        Editing a comment
        Thinking of adding Borrani wire wheels to the C/4.
        Any positive or negative issues with them?
        Advice from those who know them?
        Thanks,
        John

I have Borranis that came with my car. They were fine but a pain in the a** to keep clean. I had them restored by Cork Adams and when I got them back they went into storage. I bought Cromodoras because I do a lot of long-distance driving and besides cleaning ease they felt more rigid, less flex.

Comment

Working...
      X