• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another original time capsule

Click image for larger version

Name:	15772 (80) copy.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	9361Took a few snapshots 3/19 when it came out of storage. Dad passed and son was getting it back on the road. Phila area. Click image for larger version

Name:	15772 (24) copy.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	9359Click image for larger version

Name:	15772 (78) copy.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	9360

Took these and a few more snapshots 3/2019 when it came out of storage. Dad passed and son was getting it back on the road.

Comment

Nice one. Twin to my now 3800 mile car. Is it a US car? Maybe these silver/black with red carpet cars were only stored!!! Serial ## on it?
      What does engine/bay look like?
      Where is the car now?
      John

Comment

US 15775. I have 15319, days apart from yours, 66k.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. Cool you have one made along the line with mine.
          My seat foam is dried and flaking like powder. Know if anyone has taken original seat covers off and replaced the foam in the pleated inserts? I think those are the culprits for flaking foam, main seat foam seems good. Pleats always look pretty flat in original seats from foam loss.
          Do not want to chance hurting the leather covering from original, so just wondering how it can work. My leather is very supple, not cracked or hard, Leatheriqued it to help too.
          John

Comment

There might be a problem re-sewing the seams. My leather was torn along the seams and foam ending up on the floor. The interior was beyond repair, so I had a craftsman who worked Pebble Beach cars do the job. He farmed original European materials and did everything except the headliner. I save all the old stuff in a box for some unknown reason. Toughest part was an exact match of the steering wheel cover.

Gary Maucher Auto Upholstery
            Automotive, Aircraft & Boat ยท Warminster, PA
            Phone (215) 860-0910

Comment

My seams are like new, not torn or rotted like most older seats. Not sure if the foam can be inserted into the channels without cutting all apart? Just want to keep the interior stock/original, so may live with the flatter channels.
              John

Comment

Working...
              X