Sotheby's C4 sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sotheby's C4 sale

A white GTC4 just sold for approx $300,000 U.S at Sotheby online auction. Nice to see the prices up a bit. I inspected the car in the Netherlands a few months ago, fully restored, not original car. Nice but body lines not really sharp and dash not original mouse hair, but nice car. Unique colors with red cloth seat inserts.
    John

Two on BAT, first was a museum car at $218 up from 170 at the last minute, next one coming up this week

Comment

Nobody really on this site, but 365GTC4 coming up at auction RM Monterey online 8/14-15. Looks like a pretty nice one, wonder what it will bid to? Bid closes on 8/14, bid now to $125K, RM estimate $250-325K
      John
      Last edited by johnak; 08-10-2020, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Tell me if I'm wrong, but is the original mousehair 'elephant skin'. That's what was on mine and I never saw indications any fur was worn off. I stop by often but then, I work on the car. Just replaced the door handles that had some pits. The units I got from Germany were for Alfa and the mechanics were different. Had to modify them some so they would close (just the swing handle), then figuring out how the locks worked and adjusting them I ended up spending about 16hrs with trial and error. Handles were cheap, around 100+ US over a year ago. Keep Posting! I hate to see mine as the last one. LED headlights were the best upgrade..

Comment

Not elephant skin! A suede type material that was black but faded rapidly, did have texture and slightly furry fibers. Most when older were worn off from wiping the dash, so looks like skin after age/use. New material is not quite the same, does not fade so very black.

Comment

Working...
          X