Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignition key for 365GTC/4

Hi guys,
    I have just purchased a project 365GTC/4 and it did not come with ignition keys, I see there are many key blanks on the net but wanted to make sure I buy the correct key, let me know if anyone can help.

Thanks again
    Josh

Hi Josh,

congratulation, you acquired a stunning and very special car!

The key should look like that:

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_5750_NOS.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	9457

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_5751_NOS.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	335.1 KB
ID:	9458

All the best. Herbert

Comment

Hi Herbet,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to post that, can you recommend a company to buy from ?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Reed View Post
        Hi Herbet,
        Thanks so much for taking the time to post that, can you recommend a company to buy from ?
        Hi Josh, you have to screen the internet. I bought mine on Ebay, but be careful as there are a lot of fakes out there, meaning if you buy a fake (which would be ok for me in case of the ignition key) you should at least be aware of that and avoid paying a lot of money.

Comment

Hi Josh, Sorry I just saw your post on the key issue. The key blade for the era of 70s-80s (330, 365, 246, 308, 328, 400 etc) Ferraris are pretty much the same as they mostly use Neiman 68 ignition lock. Only difference is the key bow or head. I would first review the lengthy FerarriChat Forum dialog on the subject at https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...-blank.503283/. I believe that the key pictured above is affectionately known as the "Les Paul Guitar" key because of its shape. I purchased my 365 GTC/4 in 1985 when it was only 14 years old with a single, original Neiman key. Was able to find two (2) additional identical keys (blanks) back in 1986, then, of course, struggled to find a locksmith that would cut steel key blanks .. finally did. Pictured below is the original key (on top) and a replacement (on bottom) showing both sides which has the "other" head design. As Herb stated above be careful of fakes and maybe use a reliable Ferrari Parts or restoration dealer/service.

Comment

Hi Josh, hi Raymond, first of all apologies if I informed wrong. When I searched for my key I was told the shape could be like I showed above or like in Raymond's pics as they used both shapes at that time (whichever they just had in the shelves :-)). As Raymond's car obviously came with an original key this would definitely be the right shape. By the way: as I live in Vienna I know Mr. Pöllmann (the shop which had some blank keys in the past as mentioned in the thread quoted by Raymond) and they didn't have any left back in 2016.
            Last edited by herb; 02-13-2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X