Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Cover Help

Hi All,

This is my first post so let me know if I'm doing something wrong.
    I'm the proud new owner of a '72 C4.
    I would like to get a cover for it but my usual sources do not have a pattern.
    Does anyone have any tips?

-Gary...

Gary,

Last time I ordered a cover for my 365 GTC/4 was in the 1990's and purchased a form fitting tan cover with the faf logo Ferrari of Atlanta. It was the absolute right cover, even missing the passenger side mirror pocket as it should. Obviously no longer available. However I was contemplating purchasing a backup, this time in red, from an eBay supplier at https://www.ebay.com/itm/164001947768. I have no recommendation one way or another since I am not familiar with the seller and he only has a Positive Rating of 92.4%. Many complaints but also a lot of good comments. It's a toss up and, of course, the picture is not that of a C/4 or C/4 cover. Says it is a Genuine Ferrari Cover, even with a part number, but again I cannot confirm that the number is correct.

Ray

Comment

Gary,

One more thought. It would appear that the Part #95991916 is actually a genuine Ferrari Cover that has now been superseded by another cover. See attached web address from a British supplier as follows: https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/part/...91916?id=45095. I have actually sent an inquiry to the firm to see if they have any of the original covers and what they may look like. Keep you informed or let me know if you find out anything.

Ray

Comment

Thanks, Ray...Great tips...

Gary

Comment

Back in the day (2002) I was able to order a cover from the supplier who makes the OEM covers for new Ferrari. This is the red satin outside with red soft inside and large prancing horse logo on hood. Here is the info from back then:

Confezioni Andrea "Cover Car" S.n.c.
          Via Rosmini, 22
          21100 VARESE (ITALY)
          tel: 0039/332/261562 - 812487
          fax: 0039/332/810656
          mobile: 0335/280212

Comment

I sent an inquiry about the cover on ebay from xmparts, as the one pictured is obviously not for a C/4. Never got a response, so that eliminates them as a supplier. And their FB rating is pretty bad.
            Coverking does make a satin-stretch fitted cover.... you can find them on ebay for $300.... but they have no side mirror pockets.
            Let us know if you buy one. I'm looking for one also.

Comment

The one I got (through Ferrari of Beverly Hills and Confezioni Andrea "Cover Car" S.n.c. back in the day also lacks a side mirror pocket. Although IMHO it isn't necessary. The mirror is so small.

Comment

I finally purchased mine from from The Car Cover shop in the UK:
                https://www.carcovershop.co.uk/
                They have many options but my cover is primarily for inside use.
                It is super soft, inside and out. It was custom tailored and includes the pouch for the mirror.
                My only complaint, which is minor, is that the mirror pocket could be moved a bit more towards the front of the car.
                Here is the price and description on the invoice:
                Custom Indoor Cover for FERRARI 365 gtc/4 1971-1972 - Size Medium [Red] with Champagne Piping, 1 Mirror 1 £274.17 £274.17
                Custom Cover Logo 1 £25.00 £25.00

Subtotal £299.17
                Shipping is USA - covers Shipping £65.00
                Tax (Inc) £0.00
                Mark Wibberly is the director and was wonderful to work with.
                Mark Wibberley
                Managing Director
                01780 749449
                [email protected]

I tried to send some photos...I hope they come through...still new at this.

Best,

Gary

Comment

Thanks, guys. Good point about the mirrors.... probably doesn't matter although I have one on each side.
                  Might go the UK route... thanks for the tip, Gary.
                  Mike

Comment

Hey Mike,

They will custom tailor a pocket for your second mirror.
                    I wish I had a passenger side mirror, even if it was not original.

Gary

Comment

Thanks, Gary.
                      The passenger side mirror is useless. I can understand why they were not fitted by the factory.

Comment

Working...
                      X