Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Remove Rear Interior Deck Panels

Hi All,

The mouse hair on my back interior panels adjacent to the rear window could use a cleaning and a re-stretch.
    How do you remove these two panels that I have shown in the attatched photo ?
    I would like to remove both the flat horizontal panel behind the seat and the curved panel adjacent to the glass.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Hi Gary. As best as I can remember there are studs with nuts you access from inside the trunk.I think that you will see fasteners for the other panels with the black ones off. Good luck. Mike

Comment

Thanks, Mike...I saw those studs and thought as much but wanted to be sure...
      I will give it a shot...
      Thanks much !!

Gary

Comment

Hi Gary - did you have any luck? Mine have the same issue (and it looks awful from behind) and I've been putting it off. Did you re-stretch or replace the materials altogether? I was going to order the infamous HVL material and possibly do it myself.

Comment

Hi...I'm sorry to say that I have not gotten around to it yet...Lots of traveling and mechanical work on my E-Type.
          I intend to remove the panels, clean the glass and hopefully clean and re-use the original material.
          If that is not possible, I will have to order the acceptable mouse hair replacement.
          If you have a link to a supplier I would appreciate it. I'm sure that I could also search the archives to find it.
          When I finally get around to this, I will document it well and post pictures and notes.
          If you beat me too it, it would be great if you could do the same.

Best,

Gary

Comment

Working...
          X