New Exhausts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exhausts

My C4 (15775) is turning 50 in July, and I was thinking of getting her some new exhausts for her birthday. She's otherwise in great shape, never restored, and still has that wonderful original leather smell when you open the door. Can anyone suggest a source for exhausts?

Hi JR. Is you car US or Euro? Not the same pipes as I recall. T Rutlands used to stock them but I dont know now. Try a search for ANSA stuff. GT car Partsmight be of help or Geoff Oland in Camden Maine. Gary Bobelief does reconstructions as well. Non of it is cheap but good luck. Mike

Comment

I personally prefer the ANSA stuff; for example here: https://www.partscollector.com/mostr...DArticolo=1309. As Mike said "not cheap" anyway. Herbert

Comment

If you consider Quicksilver, Timevalve or any other stainless system, be advised that the diameter of the mufflers is much wider and ground clearance is a real problem.
        I have a Quicksilver SS system on 14633. It has been on the car 25 years and still sounds/looks great. But the center section mufflers are way too "fat" and ground clearance is very poor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022_03_Right Profile1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	9660

Comment

Thanks for the excellent source suggestions and that caution. We have so little clearance as is. And thanks also for the picture of that beautiful car.

Comment

Or you could do what this guy did.
            Cheap and no problem with ground clearance. He says it's "not that loud" but I'd sure like to see it in person.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X