A trip to Tom Shaughnessy's wrecking yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trip to Tom Shaughnessy's wrecking yard

Topic originally created by Zanny1 on June 8, 2013 12:22 AM and viewed 2555 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by Zanny1 on June 8, 2013 12:22 AM

Over the years, Tom has been a great source for all the little stuff that was broken or missing from #15693. As you know, some of these cars were unloved years ago and virtually abandoned in their owner's garage. Mine was in a pretty sad state when purchased in 2011 (I actually traded a 1983 308QV with 60K miles for it).
    Yesterday, after trying to set up an appointment with Tom for several months, we finally met at his junkyard in Bonsall which is about 6 miles down the road from my house. I located a good quality passenger side sunvisor mount (mine was broken in two), a NOS 'cavallino rampante' for the rear of the car, two NOS pininfarina side badges, and most important, a center dash instrument bezel (mine was cracked and broken in 3 places). We took the bezel from a 365 GT4 2+2 that he is parting out.
    Just before leaving, I was telling Tom about my search for a good rear bumper, and ultimately buying one from Ian Levy which turned out to be pretty good. Tom said "you want a NOS one?" Wouldn't you know, he had a brand new one purchased from Luigi Chenetti's when all that stuff was sold off years ago. Still has the tags. Other than a few 'shop wear' scratches, which I am sure will polish out, it is 100% factory new. So I now have a spare....... which probably won't go on my car since the one Ian sold me is pretty darn nice. Let's call this one an "investment", as it wasn't cheap.
    Checked to see if he had any NOS windshield trim, which he does not.... although he might have something at his other shop. I have to make a trip to the shop next week (to pay for the bumper, which is now sitting in MY shop), so if you need any small items let me know and I will ask. It's amazing the stuff he has laying around. I don't object to buying small items on the spot and mailing them to my fellow C/4 owners. If you need something big, I'll put you in touch directly with Tom.
    PS - the 365 GT4 2+2 is pretty complete and has many useable parts - dash stuff, all instruments, door side marker light assy, motor, trans, diff, etc.
    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Levy on June 8, 2013 4:26 AM
      Hi Mike
      I am glad you got the bits you needed & I am sure Shaughnessy's is a veriatable treasure trove of all
      unobtanium Ferrari bits.
      Does he have any NOS rear load levellers as these might be very useful?
      Did you consider putting the new bumper on the car & keeping the one from me as a spare.
      Best regards
      Ian L

Comment

Working...
      X