Savara Gasoline Vapor Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savara Gasoline Vapor Filter

Topic originally created by rickkaufman on July 14, 2014 6:27 PM and viewed 2764 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by rickkaufman on July 14, 2014 6:27 PM
    I am in need of a new Savara gas vapor filter, the lovely can that sits in front of the motor. See the can #6 below. If anyone has a spare, I am in need. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by rickkaufman on November 25, 2015 5:12 PM
      Still looking for this incase anyone has one or knows of one. Gracias.

Comment

Originally posted by dbone on December 21, 2015 1:05 PM
        Rick Regarding this tank. I see more pictures of this without a hose connected to the larger of the two pipes on the top. If you look at jeff's car, and Tom's car (in the latest Forza issue)' there is no hose connected here. I see pictures of a few cars with a hose connected--14809 for example. Dayrona's have this same canister with a hose connected to the brake booster. I lost points in a judging because the judge, a daytona owner, said the hose was missing. Should a hose be connected here? An if so where does the other end go? Dave b

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLit on December 22, 2015 1:43 AM
          No hose. It is a vent. You got a bad judge (not uncommon). See pics of my car from 1973: http://365gtc4.com/Gallery/album.asp...15505+Original

Comment

Originally posted by rickkaufman on January 28, 2016 4:42 PM
            Dave, Jeff is correct and sorry it's taken me a month to get back to you. I've been away. It is just a vent; I have learned recently that this canister is important and that its function, if not working properly, can cause some headaches. Mine is working, but suspect. So I want to try a new one. Still need it. If you bump into your friendly Daytona owning judge again, you can tell him that the Savara canister on the Daytona is a different part than the one on the C/4. They look similar, but the part and the part numbers are different.

Comment

Originally posted by dbone on February 4, 2016 1:06 PM
              Thanks Rick and Jeff(again). Next time around in Pasadena i'll come in with pictures and other info for the judges.

Comment

Just re kindling this post. Still need a canister if anyone has a spare.

Comment

Also, has anyone recently rebuilt the tie rod “bar” on the front end? I’m looking for a source for the two ball joints to have a machine shop press into my bar. Any ideas anyone?

Comment

Working...
                  X