X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shross
    Meccanico
    • Dec 2016

LED Replacement headlights

I’m looking to replace my OEM headlights with LEDs. I’ve done this successfully with some other cars with a two light set up. Strangely enough, the set up is the same as a 1956 Ford Fairlane but I cannot find any bulbs for that application. So, has anyone successfully found an LED headlight replacement?

Thanks
  • Tom Welsh
    Meccanico
    • Dec 2016

Shross, search for my blog. I put them in a year or two ago. I wasn't thrilled with the vendor I used and had some problems with the stripped plastic adjustment nuts. I replaced them with steel nuts. I also replaced the lamps with a higher output using the original reflecting units. Get them online. Very satisfied with the results. Also installed them in a 67 vette. Used "Pony Parts" .kit for a mustang.in the vette. They were cheaper and probability would work in the Ferrari if you spread out the brading they used for cooling. All the work was reversible and it took a couple days. I adjusted them on the garage door. .I would not go back to the old units. I posted a PDF file thinking there was too much information in the blog. If it doesn't open or download, let me know.
    TW

Comment

Working...