under the hood rubber bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• under the hood rubber bumpers

Topic originally created by dbone on October 3, 2011 12:22 PM and viewed 2779 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by dbone on October 3, 2011 12:22 PM
    just received a set from this outfit. My car is an early verision 14973-- it only had the two round bumpers. I have seen other cars, (romer's) that also had bumpers mid way down the weather track. The round ones look just like the ones i pulled off. Mine were hard and brittle and non functional, these new ones are firm and fit exactly.
    this supplier may already be listed in this suppier area already. They have more sets available.
    ebay item number 200650701636 their part # 16322-181
    Everything Alfa, located in Atlanta, Georgia- phone 678-637-5103.
    Their Trunk rubber seal is incorrect, and when i returned it, no questions ask- full refund-
    (two sources for truck rubber seal-- GT in Arizona, and Ferrparts. I have samples of both, i like the Ferrparts version as it was more supple than the firm GT version. Profiles were the same.)
    I am not affiliated with this supplier, just a satisfied customer

Comment

Originally posted by JBishop on October 4, 2011 8:28 AM
      Thanks Dave. Can you give us an update on your car? Plenty of high gear red line driving I hope. You have had a bit of a saga on your car and now Romer has had a bit of bad luck as well. Is there something in the air out in the Valley? Remember to hydrate out there. (That is for Romer as well. An Entourage reference.)
      John

Comment

Originally posted by dbone on October 5, 2011 2:35 PM
        John
        14973, runs like a bat out of hell. (it should with all the work ) I have one issue with a valve cover oil leakage onto my beautful engine. No worrys- it wipes up. I will attempt to redo the seal my self- how hard can that be? (just wishing)
        My last modification was to put in the 130 mains- which i did, and i do notice a big difference- solid power. i have mininal to no stumble after i readjusted the carbs myself with the four tube "carbtune" (credit to Aaron's great work) .
        not real sure if i have my mixture correct-- i'm going for 2 turns out or until the spitting of the one carb stops/
        daveb

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Levy on October 5, 2011 4:49 PM
          Hello Dave
          Congratulations on getting your car back on the road.
          It sounds like the guys who rebuilt the engine did a proper job.
          Such a shame that with all your good weather you might have to drive it pretty much all the time.
          I just wish we got some of that here in Manchester & I can hear John's tears dripping into his cup of tea.
          Where is your oil leak at as wiping it up doesn't seem like your style?
          Best regards
          Ian L

Comment

Originally posted by JBishop on October 5, 2011 9:49 PM
            Ian
            IF I was crying it would be into my cold beer on a warm sunny day. ha ha
            Dave
            Glad you are getting the enjoyment that these wonderful old cars can give you. High RPM in high gears..........fantastic. Enjoy the ride you certainly deserve it after all the crap you have been through. Now for the oil leak.....PITA as usual with these cars. You need a very thin stiff piece of metal foil to hold the cam chain O-Ring in place whilst you replace the cam cover. Is it leaking from the inlet or exhaust cam cover? Big difference in the amount of PITA.
            Good luck.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by dbone on October 6, 2011 1:38 PM
              Thanks Gents,
              Detail photos on the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Levy on October 6, 2011 5:13 PM
                Hi Dav
                Very interesting company & I looked at other items for our cars,Gobbone as tehy called it.
                Engine & gearbox support,pedal rubbers & rear light gasket plus the oyjer rubbers shown on the
                pic with the bonnet stops do not look like anything I have seen before.
                Regards
                Ian L

Comment

Working...
                X