Source for Power Brake Vacuum Hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for Power Brake Vacuum Hose?

Topic originally created by Bill Mihalic on January 30, 2014 3:12 AM and viewed 1739 times in the old forum.

Originally posted by Bill Mihalic on January 30, 2014 3:12 AM
    This past driving season I had a problem with the power brakes losing the "power" part, and it always happened at the end of a freeway exit ramp after a long deceleration. An old post on this forum mentioned that the big vacuum hose running to the power brake unit can collapse, and I suspect that that's what might be happening here. T. Rutlands does not carry that hose--does anyone know of a source (preferably in the U.S.)? While I'm at it, I'd also like to replace those skinny hoses that run between the carburetors because they're starting to seep, so I need a source for those, too. Thanks.
    Regards,
    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Meehan on January 31, 2014 4:00 AM
      Hi Bill, if my memory is still functioning I think I got the hose from GT Car Parts.You might also try Newco but I have found them to be one of the more expensive suppliers. Good luck ,Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Mihalic on January 31, 2014 6:17 AM
        Thanks, Mike. I called GT right away. They don't have the vacuum hose in stock but will be getting it in soon. I saw on their website that they have the reproduction radiator shields for the underbelly, so I ordered one of those.
        Regards,
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by dkblueUK on January 31, 2014 5:28 PM
          Hello Bill, I some 5.5mm ID x 10.5mm OD hose, for the short lengths which link all the carbs, from Wurth, who are a supplier of Automotive products in Europe. It comes in 5m lengths, so I have 4.5 + left over. If you want me to send some, pm me. Regards, Neil.

Comment

Working...
          X