Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sam hallowell
    replied
    Things are moving fast at Tom Farrell's shop. The car is painted! 5 coats including base and clear coat with hand rubbing in between. You can judge the results in the pictures. Especially note the deepness of the paint in the shot with the coffee cup on the hood. Front bumper was stripped of paint and rubber restored. Tom Yang sourced a rear bumper in Italy from a company that restores Italian car parts. The bumper with tariff cost less than 1/2 a NOS bumper from conventional sources. Yea! Now Toms F & Y and scrounging around for rubber gaskets, window felts etc. so the car can be fully assembled. I asked Tom Farrell to purchase and mount new vintage size Michelins to replace the Pirelli P4000's that have been on the car since 2006. I will talk to him about doing scheduled maintenance too so I can hop in for a long drive when the car is delivered back to Rhode Island. I will send more photos on completion. Enjoy the pictures.
    Last edited by sam hallowell; 06-29-2020, 05:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sam hallowell
    replied
    Here is another update -

Leave a comment:

• sam hallowell
    replied
    OK, it's time to show you the progress on painting 14953. Here are some pics for you to enjoy. Note the one with the two colors showing - the green is the original verde medio nijinsky and i believe only 17-19 cars came out this color so relatively rare. At this point 4 layers of paint removed (3 red and 1 green), body is straight, no rust issues to speak of and only a bit of bondo used in one headlight bucket - all good news. Note also the engine was left in the car because that compartment is fine.

Leave a comment:

• sam hallowell
    replied
    The car has left for Mooresville

Leave a comment:

• jefflit
    replied
    That's exciting. Blue looks great on these cars, although I think Nijinski is a stunning color, also. And so very 70s.

Leave a comment:

• sam hallowell
    started a topic Car Painting

Car Painting

On or about 10/31/19 a transport will arrive in Providence to take my car down south to be painted. Tom Yang is helping with this project and recommended Farrell Creation & Restoration (https://www.farrell-restorations.com/ ) in Moorseville NC.Their website has pictures of a total restoration of C/4 they just completed. The repaint is going to be in Blue Sera (currently is fake amaranto ) rather than return the car it's original Verde Medio Nijinski - a little out-there for me (and I suspect police too . I find it rather amusing that an Italian Stallion is heading into the heart of NASCAR. Mooresville is " Race City USA", the home of numerous race shops like Wood Brothers, Penske and JR Motorsports.

The engine bay is in good shape and the motor just rebuilt so that can stay in the car and keep the costs down somewhat. I have not talked to Tom Farrell yet but I will get pictures along the way which I will try to share.

Cheers,

Sam
Working...
X